Powered By Blogger

Monday 11 October 2010

Evaluation Of Cover and Contents Design

Regarding my magazine cover, I am very happy with the way it turned out. I think it is easy to navigate, the articles are clear and the colour scheme works well. If I were to improve the cover I may remove the shadow around the model but I did leave it in for the final edit as the background was plain and it gave the image extra body and depth.

The contents page was not as easy as the cover design, because there was no main image it made it difficult to put focus on and create a centre piece for the page. I chose to seperate the page in two, and the left side was dedicated to the page listings, and the right; to images and articles. The contents does still appear quite empty, to make it more lively and busy I could add lines between the page listings, giving more definition, take more exciting photographs and use a less bland background but which stills works with the colour scheme.

The only big issue I have with the running theme is the colour scheme, the colours used on the cover differ from those on the contents page, the cover is bold and sharp and very limited colours but the contents focuses more on shades and colour range. To keep the flow of a magazine the theme must be re-occuring, therefore if I were to do it again I would use the bolder colours in the contents page as well.

Centre Number 18125

No comments:

Post a Comment